ILG Grant Awarded to the City of West Sacramento
The City of West Sacramento was just awarded $80,000 in grant funds from the California Workforce Development Board and Employment Development Department “Workforce Accelerator Fund 5.0” through a partnership with the Institute for Local Government to fund further development of the Career-Ready Internships & Digital Badge programs of the West Sacramento Home Run.
The Institute for Local Government is an awardee of $380,000 from the Workforce Accelerator Fund 5.0 grant. The Institute for Local Government acts as the “Hub” for the grant, and will be collecting grant narratives and invoices from the City of West Sacramento, which will be one of six participating spokes across California (others include the City of Elk Grove, Health Professions High School in Sacramento, Sacramento Employment and Training Agency, PRO Youth Rancho Cordova, Ventura County Civic Alliance) receiving a portion of the Workforce Accelerator Fund 5.0 grant during the 18th month grant period.
The money from the grant will be used over an eighteen-month period to:
- Fund program costs associated with running STEPS / Next STEPS / Youth Fire Academy / Youth Police Academy
- Increase the number of STEPS interns from the Washington Unified School District integrated college and career pathway system
- Increase the number of next STEPS interns from the Washington Unified School District integrated college and career pathway system
- Create a digital badge for participants in the Youth Fire Academy
- Create a digital badge for participants in the Youth Police Academy
To learn more about STEPS, the Youth Fire Academy or Youth Police Academy, please go to the links below.